New Patient Experience at Heritage Acupuncture & Wellness of Durham
SpecialsIntroductory Rate: Mention this notice and receive 10 percent off your initial consultation.
Refer a Friend: For referrals resulting in an office visit, receive 20 percent off your next appointment.
Free 15-minute consultation: A perfect forum to discuss your health concerns and learn how Chinese Medicine can help.
Your First Visit to Heritage Acupuncture & Wellness1. Bring in completed “New Patient” forms for first-time acupuncture patients available here or arrive 20 minutes early to complete forms in the office. New Patient forms also are available through our online scheduling system. If you are receiving skin care services only, please use this form.
How Should I Prepare for an Acupuncture Treatment?1. Wear loose, comfortable clothing that can easily be rolled up to your elbows and knees.
2. Have a meal at least two hours before your treatment. Some patients may experience light-headedness receiving acupuncture on an empty stomach.
3. Please bring any relevant information related to your condition, including lab results, blood tests and X-ray or MRI reports.
4. For best results, try to avoid strenuous activity immediately following a treatment.
5. Many conditions require a course of treatments. For example, a symptom you’ve been experiencing for a decade may be most effectively treated over a course of 10 treatments. Please bring your calendar to schedule follow-up visits.
6. If you will be using United Health Care or VA benefits, please call the office prior to your appointment so your benefits can be verified.
7. Please allow 1 to 1.5 hours for your first visit.
Payment in full is rendered at the time of service. Some services, such as Facial Rejuvenation Massage and Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation are available in discounted packages. For specific information on fees, please see the Services page. Nonrefundable gift certificates are available for purchase either online, via phone or at our location.
Currently, Heritage Acupuncture accepts United Healthcare insurance plans with acupuncture benefits. Veterans Administration benefits also are accepted. Insurance must be verified before beginning treatment. Please call Heritage at 919-685-2938 or email email@example.com to arrange for benefit verification. Health Savings cards, such as WageWorks, are also accepted for payment.
We require 24-hour notice for cancellation and rescheduling. Patients who are 20 minutes late are considered a no-show. A 50 percent service fee will be applied to no-shows and last minute cancellations. This allows us to schedule the patients who need treatment and provides everyone the necessary time for a complete treatment.
Medical records may be obtained by contacting our office via phone or email. Once we receive notification of the request, allow up to 30 days for records to be processed. Standard medical records fees apply.