New Patient Experience at Heritage Acupuncture & Wellness of Durham
Introductory Rate: Mention this notice and receive 10 percent off your initial acupuncture consultation.
Refer to this special and receive 10 percent off your first skin care service.
Refer a Friend: For referrals resulting in an office visit, receive 20 percent off your next appointment.
Free 15-minute consultation: A perfect forum to discuss your health concerns and learn how Chinese Medicine can help.
Your First Visit to Heritage Acupuncture & Wellness
Bring in completed “New Patient” forms for first-time acupuncture patients available here or arrive 20 minutes early to complete forms in the office. If you are receiving skin care services only, please use this form.
Click here to view our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
How Should I Prepare for an Acupuncture Treatment?
1. Wear loose, comfortable clothing that can easily be rolled up to your elbows and knees.
2. Have a meal at least two hours before your treatment. Some patients may experience light-headedness receiving acupuncture on an empty stomach.
3. Please bring any relevant information related to your condition, including lab results, blood tests and X-ray or MRI reports.
4. For best results, try to avoid strenuous activity immediately following a treatment.
5. Many conditions require a course of treatments. For example, a symptom you’ve been experiencing for a decade may be most effectively treated over a course of 10 treatments. Please bring your calendar to schedule follow-up visits.
6. Please allow 1 to 1.5 hours for your first visit.
Skin Care Services
Please feel free to contact us to determine the right esthetic service for you. If you’ve recently had chemical peels, laser treatments, injections or facial waxing, let us know so we can coordinate the best time for such services as Microneedling and Revitapen.
Payment in full is rendered at the time of service. Some services, such as Facial Rejuvenation Massage and Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation are available in discounted packages. For specific information on fees, please see the Services page. Nonrefundable gift certificates are available for purchase either online, via phone or at our location.
Currently, Heritage Acupuncture accepts insurance benefits only for veterans with VA-approved authorizations. Health savings cards, such as WageWorks, are accepted for payment. If your health plan allows for out-of-network providers, Heritage will prepare a Superbill receipt for insurance purposes.
Heritage Acupuncture requires a minimum of 24-hours notice for cancellation and rescheduling. Monday appointments must be cancelled or rescheduled by 5 p.m. Friday. Appointments longer than one hour in duration must be cancelled or rescheduled at least 48 hours in advance and by 5 p.m. Thursday for a Monday appointment. Patients who are 20 minutes late are considered a no-show. A 50 percent service fee will be applied to no-shows and last minute cancellations. This allows us to schedule the patients who need treatment and provides everyone the necessary time for a complete treatment.
Medical records may be obtained by contacting our office via phone or email. Once we receive notification of the request, allow up to 30 days for records to be processed. Records will be faxed if under 20 pages and emailed if above 20 pages. Standard medical records fees apply.